Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Bankable is growing and investing in our Productions Services team and as such are now looking for more experienced Technical Support Engineers.
Bankable is an award-winning fintech company that displaces payment and banking inefficiencies worldwide since 2010. We have recently announced a strategic partnership with Visa, allowing us to accelerate our expansion in Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Bankable can power any product or service which involves collecting funds, storing funds and paying funds irrespective of the currency and the payment methods used. Our real-time cross-border digital and payment solutions are used by global corporates and banks such as ABN Amro, Emirates and Airbus as well as scale-ups such as Glovo and Spendesk.
Everyone at Bankable is encouraged to take initiative and has the flexibility to grow and shape their careers based on ambitions and interests.
Production Services wins and projects
We’ve come a long way in the last year or so and continue to move forward at pace! We’ve built an automated Ansible playbook solution to building a nightly Pre-Production environment to help with database release delivery. We’ve got a fully automated Gitlab CI/CD pipeline running for Website deployments. We’ve integrated a number of Cloud -aaS solutions: Foxpass for LDAP, Wazuh for SIEM and Elastic Stack for data analysis, monitoring dashboards and alerting on the API. We’ve experimented with Proof of Concepts in Google Cloud Platform and taken hybrid-cloud services into Production. In the near future we’ll be continuing to build more automated deployments, we’ll be looking at using and building more cloud and hybrid-cloud services as well as working towards certifying for ISO20001 and SOC 2 Type 2.
You will be working within the Production Services team to both support day to day running of the full stack/suite of Bankable’s Infrastructure and Applications and to then work with the wider team to help improve it.
Every day is different, tasks might include investigating performance issues on the application/systems, maintenance activity like patching, security reviews, administration tasks like setting up new users for VPN, SSH access, deploying new application releases, setting up new clients on the firewall. Then further down the line, helping to improve: reliability engineering, automation of server builds/deployments, planning and implementing DR testing/solutions.
A solid foundation and working knowledge of:
- Linux (or Unix, BSD) – comfortable navigating through shell, viewing/editing files, file permissions, cron, package management, command-line tools
- Networking fundamentals – IP addressing and subnetting, routing, firewall, NAT, VPNs on any vendor (we use Fortinet)
- APIs/Webservices/Messaging – REST or REST-like APIs, things like Webhooks, MQ, Pub/Sub, file transfers, polling
- Business applications/services – supporting/troubleshooting any business applications/services (may be bespoke)
- Web applications/technologies – working with any applications/tech like Apache, nginx, HAproxy, JBOSS, IIS and alike
- Server support/management/monitoring – understanding of server performance like on disks/CPUs etc., virtualisation technology (hypervisor/VMs)
- Monitoring systems – working with any monitoring/alerting systems like Nagios, PagerDuty etc.
- Release/Deployment – some exposure to release/deployment processes ideally hands on with deployments
- Self-starter attitude, excited to learn new things quickly.
- Relish being in a face-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Logical / methodical trouble-shooter/investigator, creative problem solver
- Fast learner – can research (google), read and understand an issue not just copy/paste or follow a guide
- Uses time effectively without constant close supervision
- Conscientious for the benefit of the team – updating tickets, updating/creating documentation, communicating to stakeholders
- Enthusiastic/interested in technology in general (“technologist”)
- Client facing exposure – able to communicate with external clients / vendors over email/phone
Nice to have (not essential)
- Database support – any experience working with any kind of Database administration/support
- Data markup/structure, Batches– exposure to handling any structured data, formats like JSON, XML, SOAP, YaML, batch processing
- Automation/DevOps – any experience creating/maintaining automation of any kind. Any experience using any automation tools especially Ansible, but could be anything like Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, any Continuous Delivery pipelines (we use Gitlab)
- Cloud Infrastructure/Services – any experiencing working with Cloud virtual machines/services like Google Cloud Platform, AWS
- Security – any experience working with things like HTTPS, public/private keys, SSL/TLS, certificates, tools like OpenSSL. Any experience with IDS, SIEM etc.
- Desktop Support – any experience supporting Windows clients, Office IT, Directories – Active Directory, Azure AD/Office365, GSuite, LDAP
- Experiencing with Disaster Recovery solutions (e.g. hot/hot hot/warm etc. clustering) / processes
- Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast and freshly baked cookies every day at 3pm!
- Competitive salary
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions