Technical Project Manager
Bankable is an award-winning fintech company providing a payments and light banking platform, for developing solutions that include e-wallets, debit, credit, pre-paid cards using various payment methods. We are currently experiencing exponential growth with a client base ranging from global corporates, banks and insurers, to SME’s and Fintechs.
We are currently looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage our platform development projects. Our platform is operated in a Platform as a Service model, servicing many clients through direct API integration and/or white labelled solutions. You will be responsible for ensuring software and infrastructure for a set of projects, is delivered in a timely and predictable manner to high quality standards. You will need to liaise with clients, our partners, our development teams and our infrastructure teams. You will be responsible for ensuring successful on-time delivery, managing client and partner communication, planning, documentation, dependencies, development, configuration, testing and go live.
You will support Bankable by engaging in the following activities:
- Ensure projects are delivered successfully – i.e. on-time and working correctly.
- Manage the project delivery from inception to production handover.
- Work closely with all stakeholders, including client, management, development, testing, delivery and support teams to identify project deliverables and milestones and plan the delivery.
- Understand project goals, objectives, detailed requirements and solution (business and technical) and be able to suggest sensible compromises to manage to time, scope, cost triangle.
- Identify and suggest prioritisation calls around compromises required to achieve project goals.
- Identify, manage, own and provide transparency on project deliverables and progress.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues and escalate as required.
- Identify, record, manage and provide transparency on project dependencies and decisions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Loves to work in a scale up environment with aggressive timelines and a “get things done” culture.
- +10 years of experience in the software development industry.
- Strong technical knowledge or a development background is preferred.
- +5 years of Technical Project Management experience, preferably in banking or finance industry (payments would be a plus).
- A good working knowledge of agile project management methodologies especially SCRUM.
- Candidates will also need to a demonstrable track record of effective and successful delivery.
- The ability to effectively communicate complex technology issues to non-technical clients must be demonstrated, in addition to a passion for client service and delivery, building client relationships, and working with emerging technologies.
What we will offer you
- Work at a fun, fast-paced Fintech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited fresh fruits for breakfast, a ping pong table and freshly baked cookies for snacking every day at 3pm!
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative and can see the immediate impact of your work on the day.
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions.
- We are a close-knit international team participating in numerous industry, social and team events.