Senior Postgresql DBA/Developer
- We are currently looking for an experienced database developer within our platform development team.
- As a member of the development team you will use your experience to devise and develop outstanding solutions while also mentoring the other members of our team.
- The team will develop new functionality and enhance existing features as we expand into new markets and continue to innovate.
- Our platform is operated in a Platform as a Service model, servicing many clients through direct API integration and/or white labelled solutions.
- We therefore focus on building a robust, innovative and flexible core product we take to market.
- Developing primarily SQL based business solutions on Postgresql
- Postgresql Expert – understanding of Partitioning, Replication etc
- Leading development of specific features or components
- Designing, developing and testing system enhancements / changes
- Producing technical analysis / design documents / specifications as required
- Working with Support to explain and handover new functionality
- Discussing business requirements with end users and / or analysts from other project teams and recommending possible solutions / options
- Mentoring other staff on best practices in database development.
- Understand pg_bouncer use cases and able to roll it out.
- Enforcing SQL standards for wider team.
- Reviewing other team members SQL
- Managing database security
- Perform Gatekeeping for code merges
- SQL performance reviews. Explain plan reviews and optimisation.
- Demonstrate they know how to set up a live clustered PostgreSQL environment that enables automatic failover and ability to patch. Full automated solutions for 24/7 environment.
- Ideally but not required experience setting up a database on a cloud based solution
- Has excellent PL/pgSQL and or PL/SQL development skills and experience of related tools.
- Experience working on PostgreSQL database or other large scale database
- Good understanding of Repman or another database replication software
- Is confident and motivated both alone and in a team situation
- Understands bi-temporal data and/or event sourcing
- Knows how to setup performance monitoring.
- Is quick to pick up ideas and understand new concepts
- Has good documentational / literacy skills which will be shown on a clear and succinct CV with excellent account of personal achievements on projects.
- Can motivate and mentor others
- Can work under pressure
- Is flexible to changing priorities / strategies
- Has experience of implementing and enhancing continuous integration
- Is fluent in English (oral & written) and ideally French – other languages are a big plus
Bankable is an award winning FinTech company providing a light banking and payments platform for developing solutions including virtual accounts, virtual & plastic prepaid card programmes, e-wallets & current account solutions.
We deliver significant new net revenues and cost-savings by leveraging our fast, scalable and secure API and white-labelled platform to deploy targeted solutions.
Our client base ranging from global corporates, banks and insurers, to SME’s and FinTechs.
We are currently experiencing exponential growth and are looking to expand our workforce whilst maintaining a culture of people who enjoy what they do.
We employ a global team of ambitious and passionate people from diverse backgrounds and provide the training, support and development needed for you to progress and learn.
What we will offer you
- Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast, a table tennis corner and freshly baked cookies for snacking every day at 3pm!
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative and can see the immediate impact of your work on a daily basis
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions
- We are a close-knit international team participating in numerous industry, social and team events