Bankable is an award winning FinTech company providing a light banking and payments platform for developing solutions including virtual accounts, virtual & plastic prepaid card programmes, e-wallets & current account solutions.
We deliver significant new net revenues and cost-savings by leveraging our fast, scalable and secure API and white-labelled platform to deploy targeted solutions.
Our client base ranging from global corporates, banks and insurers, to SME’s and FinTechs.
We are currently experiencing exponential growth and are looking to expand our workforce whilst maintaining a culture of people who enjoy what they do.
We employ a global team of ambitious and passionate people from diverse backgrounds and provide the training, support and development needed for you to progress and learn.
What we will offer you
- Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast, a table tennis corner and freshly baked cookies for snacking every day at 3pm!
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative and can see the immediate impact of your work on a daily basis
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions
- We are a close-knit international team participating in numerous industry, social and team events
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Developer within our platform development team.
As a senior member of the development team you will use your experience to devise and develop outstanding solutions while also mentoring more junior team members.
The team will develop new functionality and enhance existing features as we expand into new markets and continue to innovate.
Our platform is operated in a Platform as a Service model, servicing many clients through direct API integration and/or white labelled solutions.
We therefore focus on building a robust, innovative and flexible core product we take to market.
- Developing software a number of programming languages including Java andPL/pgSQL
- Leading development of specific features or components
- Be a key contributor overseeing aspects of analysis and design
- Designing, developing and testing system enhancements / changes
- Producing technical analysis / design documents / specifications as required
- Producing and justifying estimates for design / development tasks
- Working with Support to explain and handover new functionality
- Discussing business requirements with end users and / or analysts from other project teams and recommending possible solutions / options
- Mentoring more junior staff
Our Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience developing distributed enterprise scale applications
- Experience of working with multiple languages such as Java
- Ideally but not required experience with Google Cloud
- Has excellent PL/pgSQL and or PL/SQL development skills and experience of related tools.
- Experience working on PostgreSQL database or other large scale database
- Is an expert in distributed high availability, secure, transaction based system development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to converse with people in a wide range of functions
- Is confident and motivated both alone and in a team situation
- Is quick to pick up ideas and understand new concepts
- Has good documentational / literacy skills which will be shown on a clear and succinct CV with excellent account of personal achievements on projects.
- Can motivate and mentor others
- Can work under pressure
- Is flexible to changing priorities / strategies
- Has experience of implementing and enhancing continuous integration
- Has previous work experience as an engineer in the payments or FinTech industries (Not mandatory)
- Is fluent in English (oral & written) and ideally French – other languages are a big plus.