IT Support Analyst
Bankable is a fast-paced and fast-growing FinTech, with offices at the high growth space, Level39 in Canary Wharf. We are now looking for an IT Support Analyst to become a key member of our Production Services Team. Our team supports the financial transaction processing service for our clients through direct API integration and/or white labelled solutions. As an IT Support Analyst you will join the part of the team that is responsible for ensuring our production platform is available, secure and performing correctly.
The IT Support Analyst will be joining a team of Analysts/Engineers working on all areas of support and security from system and application configuration to internal security via deployments and scripted tasks. The platform is Linux based, a mixture of virtual and physical, uses PHP, C++ and Postgres. We are using Ansible to manage Xen, VMWare and Docker based virtualisation.
- Deploy and support our in-house developed software.
- Install and configure internal servers, network devices and firewalls, automating where possible.
- Proactively maintain server, network and firewall systems, working with Development teams to ensure they met our software requirements.
- Administer and support Physical Hardware and Virtual Machines.
- Support our internal IT.
- Contribute to Disaster Recovery and contingency plans.
- Contribute to monitoring and configuration management.
- Interact with customers and staff at a technical level.
- An active member of our on call rota.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years’ experience in systems administration within mission critical environments, ideally in financial services
- Competent at automating work with a Linux based language.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Fortinet systems
- Knowledge of cabling, router, SSL VPN, IPSEC VPN, DNS, LAN/WLAN, VLAN
- Knowledge of Linux Administration, scripting and Database Maintenance and SQL.
- Pragmatic attitude that knows how to find the right solution rather than blindly following a process or standard
- Understanding complex technical environments and concepts and document them effectively
- Works collaboratively and across functions
- Degree in engineering or equivalent
- High level of working proficiency in English
- PCI-DSS experience is a big plus
- Previous work experience in the payments, banking or FinTech industry is also a plus, but not mandatory
What we will offer you
- Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast and freshly baked cookies every day at 3pm!
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions